Much of the personal information we process is necessary to provide our services and meet our contractual obligations. In most other situations, we rely on our legitimate interest (which, in some countries, would be “implied consent” or a legal exception to the consent requirement, such as where the processing is to prevent fraud). The specific purposes for which we process personal information include to:
While not stated as a purpose below, we may also use any personal information:
We do not sell your personal information to third parties (as "sell" is defined in California law). A "sale" would not include a situation where someone is buying all or part of our business (as is explained further below).
We share your personal information with our employees, contractors, and consultants.
We may disclose personal information to third parties both in and outside of your country, and as result, your personal information may be collected, used, disclosed or stored in another country, including Canada and in the United States of America. Laws relating to privacy vary between countries, and your personal information may be processed in a country with less stringent than the laws in your country. Personal information may be accessible to governments, courts, or law enforcement, national security authorities or and regulatory agencies of these countries in accordance with applicable laws.
Depending on where you are located and subject to applicable laws, you may have the right to request to access, correct or erase your personal information, object to our processing of your personal information, requests restriction of your personal information in our control or withdraw or change your consent to how we process your personal information). Keep in mind that merchants control much of the personal information processed by Alia, so you may need to direct your request to the merchant with whom you have a relationship.
As a security measure, we may request specific information from you in order to verify your identity prior to granting any requests. If we cannot respond to your request promptly or have to refuse the request, we will advise you of the reasons, subject to any legal restrictions. If you disagree with our determination, you may complain to us and we will reconsider. If you are not satisfied with our ultimate determination, you may contact your local data protection authority or privacy commissioner. In addition, the personal information may have been destroyed, erased or made anonymous in accordance with our record retention obligations and practices.
If you want to designate someone to exercise your rights on your behalf, please send your designation request using the email associated with your account, if you have one, or that you have otherwise provided to Alia. We are not otherwise able to verify your identity.
Where permitted by law, we may refuse or charge a fee for repeat, abusive or inappropriate requests.
We only store personal information as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes for which the personal information was collected, to conduct our business operations and maintain an appropriate historical record of our relationship with you, or in order to comply with applicable laws, whichever is longer, after which time the personal information is destroyed or erased. We may, instead of destroying or erasing your personal information, make it anonymous such that it cannot be associated with, or tracked back to, you.
We take steps to maintain physical, technical and procedural safeguards that are appropriate to the sensitivity of your personal information. These safeguards are intended to prevent your personal information from loss and unauthorized access, copying, use, modification or disclosure. However, the internet is not a secure environment and no computer system is perfectly secure. As such, we cannot guarantee the security of personal information provided to us through electronic means: there is always a risk that your personal information may be accessed or used without authorization.
1. What data do we collect?
Alia collects the following data:
- Some personal identification information (name, email address, and/or phone number) from customers who sign up with us to access rewards.
- Additional data from customers already signed into the Shopify store, including order data and browsing behavior on the merchant's website.
2. How do we collect your data?
We collect data in the following ways:
- Customers sign up with us directly to access rewards through our embedded application on merchant websites.
- We collect data from customers already signed into the Shopify store through an integration with the Shopify platform, which provides us with access to their order data and browsing behavior on the merchant's website.
3. How will we use your data?
Alia collects your data to:
- Provide access to rewards and incentives offered by our merchant stores.
- Personalize your experience by tailoring rewards and offers based on your order history and browsing behavior.
- Analyze customer data to improve our services and enhance the customer experience.
4. How do we store your data?
Alia securely stores your data on our servers and takes appropriate security measures to protect it. We retain your data for as long as necessary to fulfill the purpose for which it was collected. Once the retention period has expired, we will securely delete your data.
Alia and our partner merchants may occasionally send you information about promotions, offers, or new features related to our rewards program. However, we do not share your data with any third-party organizations for marketing purposes.
6. What are your data protection rights?
Alia is committed to ensuring that you have control over your personal data. As a customer, you have the following rights:
- The right to access – You have the right to request access to the personal data we hold about you.
- The right to rectification – You have the right to request corrections to any inaccurate or incomplete data we hold about you.
- The right to erasure – You have the right to request the deletion of your personal data under certain circumstances.
- The right to restrict processing – You have the right to request the restriction of processing your personal data under certain conditions.
- The right to object to processing – You have the right to object to the processing of your personal data under certain conditions.
- The right to data portability – You have the right to request the transfer of your personal data to another organization, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
If you wish to exercise any of these rights or have any questions about your data, please contact us at email@example.com.
7. What are cookies?
Cookies are small text files placed on your computer or mobile device when you visit a website. They are widely used to improve website functionality and provide a personalized browsing experience.
- Ensure the proper and secure functioning of our application.
- Customize and enhance the user experience.
9. What types of cookies do we use?
We use only necessary cookies, which are essential for the secure operation of our application and enable basic functionality.
10. How to manage your cookies
You can manage your cookie preferences through your browser settings. Please note that disabling certain cookies may impact the functionality and user experience of our application.
11. Privacy policies of other websites
13. How to contact us
14. How to contact the appropriate authorities
If you believe we have not addressed your concern adequately, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the relevant data protection authority in your jurisdiction.